Saturday, June 1, 2013

in which something unexpected made us work more

We got new gutters.  Finally.  I am so happy about that!  This means that whenever it rains, whomever is standing at our front door won't be getting a shower.  Dad and I went to hook up the new gutters to the drainpipes and found that when had a clog.  So we tried to blast the clog out.  Nothing happened.  So we tried to dig the clog out.  Nothing happened.  So we started cutting out sections of the pipe little by little.  Twenty-two feet later we found the end of the clog.  I ran to the store before it closed and bought new piping and parts and Dad and I finished fixing the pipes and buried them.  We had something else in mind to do, but that's okay.  This was something that had to be done as well.  I'm just so grateful that we didn't have a clog that ran to the street!
 


No comments: